SECONDARY and TERTIARY
Puppies Downunder has developed a secondary and tertiary school work experience program to inspire the next generation of youth to animal welfare.
ABOUT OUR WORK
Our work experience students will assist in the daily responsibilities of various employees. This may include manual work such as maintaining and cleaning animal areas, food preparation, routine health checks, animal observation, training and socialisation.
Students will finish the week with a deeper understanding of our animals, and the responsibilities, care and knowlege required for their health and wellbeing.
All Students will be placed under the supervision of several staff members.
Students may be required to perform physically demanding manual labour duties under supervision
Work Experience placements start at 9.00am to 3:30 pm Monday-Friday
and in all weather
Victorian secondary and tertiary students aged over 15 years are eligible for the program.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
HOW TO APPLY
To apply, students must:
1. Download a copy of our Work Experience Placement Role Description.
2. Submit a cover letter detailing how they meet the criteria listed in the
3. Read the Guidelines for Working with Animals to ensure you have
considered the risks of working with animals.
4. Complete the Work Experience with Animals Form and submit it for
consideration to their school's Work Experience Coordinator.
5. Submit your application, with the help of the school's Work Experience
Coordinator to firstname.lastname@example.org
6. Contact Damian on 0499 912 709 to discuss application