How to Avoid Puppy Scams
Sadly many families and individuals have fallen victim to a puppy scam in Australia.
Follow these 6 simple rules to minimise your chances of being scammed.
1. Do not purchase a puppy only from a photo. Ask for an appointment via a WhatsApp, or Facetime Video Call or organise to attend the property in person to see your puppy.
2. Buy only from a registered breeder and ask for their breeder license number.
3. Contact the local council of that area to check the authenticity of the name, license number and address of the breeder.
Our Local Council is Latrobe City Shire
They can be contacted on 1300 367 700.
Please quote L120 to verify our license.
4. Ask for the puppy's vaccination records and microchip number
5. Ask for proof of the breeder's drivers license and request permission to check the microchip with the veterinarian who was the implanter.
6. If using a courier, check with the courier to find out how long they have been dealing with the breeder for.
Have you had a bad experience?
You can report them to